[Biopython-dev] Dropping Python 3.3 support soon?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 10 15:57:00 UTC 2017

Dear Biopythoneers,

Last year in June 2016 as part of the release of Biopython 1.67, we
declared support for Python 3.3 to be deprecated. This is coming
up on its one year anniversary, so in line with our deprecation policy
we could stop supporting Python 3.3 soon.

http://biopython.org/wiki/Deprecation_policy

Would anyone be upset about losing Python 3.3 support?

(I'm not aware of any mainstream Linux distribution with Python 3.3
as the default, which would be a good reason to delay this.)