[Biopython-dev] Changing run_tests.py (Galaxy package inspired)

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri May 13 16:11:01 UTC 2016

Hi Vincent,

I'm not sure what you mean by "an external module" here,
could you expand on this?

The general approach is Biopython will use the binary on the
path, unless the user specifies a full path to the binary. However,
many of the tests have some heuristics to find binaries, especially
on Windows where the $PATH is rarely used.

Peter