[Biopython-dev] Next release?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue May 27 20:17:06 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 8:41 PM, Manlio Calvi wrote:
> I ran the tests, all clear the only (minor) thing I ran into was the
> old \ against / on Phylo_CDAO

i.e. https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/320

My Windows machine is currently offline, and I will not
have time to fix this tomorrow. The slash change should
only be one or two lines of code once the appropriate
place in the code is identified...

> Another bit of a thing(a variant of the above issue)
> file://C:\Users\CASUAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpvw98irl6 does not look
> like a valid URI, trying to serialize this will break.
>
> Here it is another quirk, for some reason the test on temporary files
> (why test that?)  truncates the userame to 8 character (the "tilde1"
> was an old behaviour), both the test on temp files and tilde1 seems
> inusual (I haven't seen a tilde1 in years now)

Windows does that sometimes, I don't recall when exactly.
However, it is a weakness of using a path as the URI in
that there is more than one equally valid path for the same
file (and that's ignoring case insensitivity on Windows).

> Manlio

Thank you - that is reassuring ready for Biopython 1.64 :)