[Biopython-dev] ExPASy / UniProt API for searching and fetching

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 4 10:35:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Wibowo Arindrarto
<w.arindrarto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying a jab at this in this branch:
> https://github.com/bow/biopython/blob/dev_uniprot-api/Bio/UniProt/API.py.
>
> It's still quite bare bones at the moment, but the general approach
> shouldn't change much for the other functions. I'm still not sure
> about the namespace, though. Should it be Bio.UniProt.API,
> Bio.UniProt.api, or something else?
>
> As always, let me know what you think :).
>
> Cheers,
> Bow

Rather than Bio.UniProt.API, we should try to use lowercase
PEP8 module names (I think here .api would be better).

However, API seems to vague - how about www to be more
clear this is an online resource?

(Unlike the NCBI Entrez Utilities, there isn't a clear branding
for the UniProt web API is there?)