[Biopython-dev] Releasing (a beta of) Biopython 1.62 this week?

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 07:14:24 UTC 2013

Hi Michiel, Peter,

In preparation for the 1.62 release, I've made the following changes
to Bio.NCBIStandalone and Bio.ParserSupport:

* Migrated the two modules under Bio.SearchIO._legacy
* Upgraded their PendingDeprecationWarning to BiopythonDeprecationWarning

I've pushed the changes to this branch:
https://github.com/bow/biopython/tree/bio_blast_migrate

Tests seem to be running fine still, but now there is the awkward
situation where if users import Bio.NCBIStandalone and/or
Bio.ParserSupport directly they will be greeted with two warnings: the
BiopythonWarning for the modules' deprecation and the
BiopythonExperimentalWarning for SearchIO.

We could suppress the SearchIO warning in Bio.NCBIStandalone and
Bio.ParserSupport. But before this is done, I was wondering if we have
a defined timeline for removing a BiopythonExperimentalWarning? (i.e.
if it will be removed in this release, then we could do that instead).

Any opinions on this :)?

Cheers,
Bow