[Biopython-dev] Releasing Biopython 1.62 next week?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 15 11:28:47 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Are there any remaining issues people think need to be
resolve prior to releasing Biopython 1.62? If not, unless
anyone else volunteers, I will make time for this next week.

Possible issues worth reviewing - please reply on the
existing threads:

Changes to setup.py to remove use of setuptools,
this would benefit from wider testing:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/f8e51906709d0c85be9f2b921eb3f68eed5524f9
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-August/010806.html

Changes to PDB occupancy, do we need to change
PDB writing in light of this?
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-August/010802.html

Update the Prank tool test to work with recent versions:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-August/010757.html

Note that PyPy now have a beta out support Python 3,
it would be nice to fully test with that as well...
http://morepypy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/pypy3-21-beta-1.html

Thanks,