[Biopython-dev] OBF not accepted for GSoC 2013

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 9 10:20:43 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Unfortunately this year we have not been accepted on the Google
Summer of Code scheme:

I'm sure the rest of the OBF board and the other Bio* developers
will join me in thanking Pjotr Prins for his efforts as the OBF
GSoC administrator co-ordinating our application this year, as
well as last year's administrator Rob Bruels and the other mentors
for their efforts.

For those of you not subscribed to the OBF's GSoC mailing list,
I am forwarding Pjotr's email from last night (also below):
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/gsoc/2013/000211.html

In all 177 organisations were accepted (about the same as the
last few years), and they will be listed here (once they have filled
out their profile information):
https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2013

To potential students this summer, the good news is that some
related organisations have been accepted, such as NESCent,
the National Resource for Network Biology (NRNB - known for
Cytoscape), SciRuby (Ruby Science Foundation), so there is
still some scope for doing a bioinformatics related project in
GSoC 2013, perhaps even with a Bio* developer as a co-mentor.

Thank you all,

Peter
(Biopython developer, OBF board member)