[Biopython-dev] Travis-CI to complement BuildBot

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Fri Jun 22 00:36:37 UTC 2012

Peter and Sergei;

>> Great! can you add build status to the README.md file, so
>> anyone can see if 'master' is okay to use?

> The Travis (and BuildBot) status is something of interest to people
> on the development list certainly - but I doubt most people looking
> at the README file would care (this includes people who have
> downloaded a release, not just those browsing on github).

I'd second Sergei's suggestion. It's useful information, shows up as a
small image in the readme on GitHub, and provides a link to the Travis
CI builds. Here's an example from one of my own projects:

https://github.com/chapmanb/bcbio.variation#readme

You only need this little magic in the README:

[![Build Status](https://secure.travis-ci.org/biopython/biopython.png)](http://travis-ci.org/biopython/biopython)

Brad