[Biopython-dev] Travis-CI to complement BuildBot

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 21 11:33:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Sergei Lebedev <superbobry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Great! can you add build status to the README.md file, so
> anyone can see if 'master' is okay to use?
>
> Cheers,
> Sergei

Hi Sergei,

The Travis (and BuildBot) status is something of interest to people
on the development list certainly - but I doubt most people looking
at the README file would care (this includes people who have
downloaded a release, not just those browsing on github).

However, once we're happy the Travis setup is working (give it
a week maybe) we should link to it from the homepage (alongside
the link to the buildbot server maybe?). Perhaps we can do
something nice with an RSS feed (from both test systems)?

i.e. Something for the homepage, not the README file?