[Biopython-dev] Genome Diagram Default Behavior

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:12:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Leighton Pritchard
<Leighton.Pritchard at hutton.ac.uk> wrote:
>Peter wrote:
>>
>> To match the current sigil argument names BOX and ARROW, I have
>> provisionally called BIGARROW. Any better ideas?
>>

> BIGARROW sounds fine to me. I like literal names.

Great. Checked into the master, and I updated the Tutorial and
the Proux et al 2002 Figure 6 reproduction example to use this:

Before (cross-links with strand specific ARROW sigil):
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/images/three_track_cl2.png

After (cross-links with strand straddling BIGARROW sigil):
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/images/three_track_cl2a.png

Original (I don't know what was used to draw this):
http://dx.doi.org/10.1128/JB.184.21.6026-6036.2002

Regards,