[Biopython-dev] GSoC SearchIO project

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 23:27:31 UTC 2012

Hi Eric, Peter,

> How about Bio.Search, for now?

I would prefer Bio.Pairwise or Bio.Align.Pairwise, since that tells users something about what the module is for. Bio.Search could be anything (search PubMed? search the Entrez databases? search Google? anyway Bio.Search does not suggest that this module is about pairwise alignments). But Peter previously mentioned that he doesn't like Bio.Pairwise; can we convince you?

>> How
 about including this module as a submodule in Bio.Align?
> Does anything in Bio.Align already operate on SeqFeature objects?
I was more thinking to have this module as a submodule in Bio.Align for the purpose of module organization rather than reusing or integrating it with Bio.Align. However, if we can make use of Bio.Align, then that could be a good thing.

Best,
-Michiel.