[Biopython-dev] [Biopython] ::Biopython Project

Kristian Rother krother at rubor.de
Wed Mar 9 11:36:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'll take Peters hint to give a short summary what is going on on
RNA at biopython. Actually, there are three lines of development:

- Adding an extended sequence format that can handle modified RNA
nucleotides (works with preliminary tests done).
- Adding some simple parsers for common RNA 2D structure formats (Vienna,
Ct, Bpseq) (something already works).
- Adding the FCCD loop closer algorithm by Thomas Hamelryck (got the code
but needs to be contributed).

Basically all three require at the moment an independent person to take a
look at them and state 'yes, this is useful for me' (if so).

Komal, if you like to get involved could you write a little about what you
are working with (RNA editing). If we find something thats not too far off
for you we could get it moving.

Best regards,
    Kristian