[Biopython-dev] git freeze for Biopython 1.56

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 21:17:23 UTC 2010

Hi Brad,

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Brad Chapman wrote:

> Thanks for all the hard work getting this together. Everything looks
> great and thanks for pushing to PyPi.

I must say a public thank you to Tiago too - having the buildbot
up and running (even with the handful of buildslaves we have
now) has been a great reassurance that things are looking OK.

This will be particularly helpful for spotting problems on Python
3 (since it is a hassle to test by hand right now) and older
versions of Python - my main machine these days run
Python 2.6.

As an example, for a while the trunk had been broken on
Python 2.4 without anyone noticing. This was when I merged
the UniProt XML parser without having checked the unit tests
were skipped nicely on Python 2.4 when ElementTree was
missing.

Having the tests run every night automatically is much
safer - so thanks Tiago :)

[Hopefully we'll get the buildbot running on a dedicated
VM before too long - we're in touch with the OBF admins
about this already.]

> The only thing I noticed was that after "Note as previously
> announced" there is an extra <a> tag which causes the rest
> of the text through the authors to be a link. Not a big deal.

Well spotted - I'd actually put <a/> rather than </a> which must
have confused the formatting because it looked OK.

Thanks!