[Biopython-dev] Primary Sequence of all protein (help)

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at clubdelarazon.org
Wed Mar 17 18:32:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Rodrigo Faccioli
<rodrigo_faccioli at uol.com.br> wrote:
> I want to know the primary sequence (fasta file) of all proteins. In other
> the words, I would like a database which contain the fasta files of all
> proteins.

You don't need Biopython to get this file. Just download NR database y
use "fastacmd", a program found in the blast suite.
BLAST FTP is not working for me right now so I can't give you the
exact URL to download, but look from here:
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/
Here is how to use fastacmd to retrieve sequences from NR database:
http://pwet.fr/man/linux/commandes/fastacmd