[Biopython-dev] Primary Sequence of all protein (help)

Rodrigo Faccioli rodrigo_faccioli at uol.com.br
Wed Mar 17 01:01:01 UTC 2010

Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, we want to store the sequence of the fasta files in a relational
database which has been developed by my research group. So, we have
developed some calculations with primary sequence of proteins.

We did not download the PDB database because our computation of protein
properties are based on their primary sequence. Therefore, our idea is to
work with the primary sequence of all proteins. My understanding is the PDB
database contains the proteins which is known their tearty structure. The
others are in other database.

Thanks in advance,

--
Rodrigo Antonio Faccioli