[Biopython-dev] 2to3 and doctests

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 11:13:48 UTC 2010

2010/7/14 Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>:
> We're not the only people to run into problems with 2to3 and doctest
> not working properly:
>
> http://lucumr.pocoo.org/2010/2/11/porting-to-python-3-a-guide
>
> Most of our doctests still work after 2to3 and I guess we can look at
> the failures on a case by case basis (and for expediency move them
> into proper unit tests or remove them if they can't be tweaked to
> work on both Python 2.x and 3.x).

I don't have the cases here, but they are only a handful. I suppose
they can either be converted to (ugly) single-liners or to unit-tests.

Anyway, it is a pity that 2to3 doctests are in such a state. Because
all the rest seems to work quite well.

Tiago
PS - I can do this today, just tell me if you prefer single-liners or unit-tests