[Biopython-dev] Python 3 porting

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 17:47:47 UTC 2010

2010/7/5 Tiago Antão <tiagoantao at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > While Tiago and I have sorted out some of the easy stuff, there is still
> plenty
> > to do make Biopython via 2to3 work nicely on Python 3 (and that's just
> looking
> > at the Python code, ignoring our C code, and also ignoring things using
> NumPy).
>
>  PhyloXML I am really stuck and NCBXML seems to have a problem only
> inside run_tests.

Hello,

I ran "python -3 test_PhyloXML.py" and found one warning specific to
PhyloXML, about comparing unequal types in BaseTree.py. I have a fix for
this, shall I push it to GitHub?

Was there anything else in Bio/Phylo/ that was causing problems? I'm just
running the unit tests with the -3 flag, and didn't find any other issues
that way.

Thanks,
Eric