[Biopython-dev] Python 3 porting

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 20:13:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> While Tiago and I have sorted out some of the easy stuff, there is still plenty
> to do make Biopython via 2to3 work nicely on Python 3 (and that's just looking
> at the Python code, ignoring our C code, and also ignoring things using NumPy).

PopGen is now in. The interesting thing is that it has Bio.Application
examples and they presented no problem at all.
Nexus is also in.
I also converted test_lowess (a VERY SIMPLE numpy example).
Something seems to have broken one of the seqio tests as it blocks the
test system (on py3)
PhyloXML I am really stuck and NCBXML seems to have a problem only
inside run_tests.

Tomorrow I will have a look at PDB, KEGG, Emboss and clustalw.