[Biopython-dev] Features of the GSOC branch ready to be merged

Kristian Rother krother at rubor.de
Mon Dec 13 15:13:48 UTC 2010

Hi Joao,

I agree with Eric that renumbering residues should be possible chain-wise.

In my daily work, I am frequently using an interface similar to

renumber( chain, start_id )

rather than

renumber( structure, start_id )

But having these two in BioPython would be quite cool. We also do
numbering of portions

renumber (chain, start_id, from_id, to_id)

and using insertion codes --> 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D...
But I agree these are not so important.

Best regards,
   Kristian