[Biopython-dev] Another Biopython release?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 15:48:43 UTC 2009

2009/9/15 Tiago Antão <tiagoantao at gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/15 Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>:
>> Give me a shout and I'll get my Windows test machine up
>> and running to double check the unit tests there.
>
> I think I am not in the mood to impose the burden on you. I will find
> a Windows machine and test it myself.

I was just going to turn on the machine, update to the latest
CVS, and do a compile/test with Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 - Its no
extra effort, as I would be doing this anyway for a new release.

Unless of course you are adding wrappers for more command
line tools, which would ideally require me to install them - that
I might leave for another day ;)

>> Maybe we'll push back the "next week" idea a bit ;)
>
> I am OK with "next week". But as I said two months ago, I have
> calendarized the extension of Bio.PopGen to October. So the material
> can go on the next release after the one on "next week".
>
> I just want to have lots of free time and little travel to be able to
> assist potential users (as I intend to announce the new content to the
> evolutionary biology crowd quite a lot)

If you are happy to merge the code this week (via CVS), and
confident it is ready to release, then I could do the release
next week, and then we move to git.

Or, I can do the release next week, we move to git, and then
you can merge the new code (via git) at your leisure (Oct).

Either plan is fine with me. Which do you prefer?