[Biopython-dev] Python's new DVCS chosen

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 11:27:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Bartek Wilczynski
<bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org> wrote:
> I think we have made a consensus decision to try out git/github and I
> think it's extremely counter-productive to re-open the discussion on
> our choice now. I'm not a git fanboy, but because there are _no_
> universal criteria to choose between git vs. bzr vs. Hg we should not
> spend more time on this issue.

I hadn't intended to reopen the debate - it was just a post for interests sake.

As you can probably tell from looking at the biopython network graph
on github (which I got to work on Linux but only with Adobe's flash
plugin - gnash etc didn't seem to cope), I've been getting to grips
with git (and github).