[Biopython-dev] library to create gel image

Jose Blanca jblanca at btc.upv.es
Thu Feb 26 15:12:54 UTC 2009

Hi:
I'm writting an application that reads ABIF files (Applied Biosystems files)
and generates a gel image. I'm able to read the trace (chromatogram) data
from the file and now I would like to plot it. I don't want to plot every
trace as a 2d graphic like in:
http://www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/ABI377_chromatogram.jpg
But to create a 2D gel image using all traces like in:
http://www.fieldmuseum.org/research_collections/pritzker_lab/pritzker/images/ecran.jpg
Any suggestion on which python library could I use?
Of course, if anybody is interested in the code that I already got I'm willing
to share it.
Best regards,

--
Jose M. Blanca Postigo
Instituto Universitario de Conservacion y