[Biopython-dev] test_Ace, test_Nexus, test_Phd

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 13:26:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> These three tests currently are written as a combination of a unittest-based
> test and a print-and-compare test. That is, they contain classes deriving from
> unittest.TestCase, but then print out stuff that should get compared to the
> output file. However, run_tests.py assumes that they are true unittest-style
> tests, so the comparison is never done.

That makes sense - its good there are only three of them!

> Does anybody mind if I convert these three to pure print-and-compare or
> pure unittest-style tests? test_Ace.py and test_Nexus.py produce lots of
> output, so I'm tempted to go with a print-and-compare test there;
> test_Phd.py might work well as a unittest-style test.

That sounds sensible - unless Frank or Cymon want to help out carry on.

[I've recently fixed a couple of tear-down problems in
test_PopGen_FDist.py  and test_PopGen_SimCoal_nodepend.py to do with
trying to remove files/directories which may not have been created if
the test failed.]