[Biopython-dev] 1.52

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:29:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am currently working on the implementation of Genepop support on Bio.PopGen.
Genepop support will allow calculation of basic frequentist
statistics. This is the biggest addition to Bio.PopGen and makes the
module useful for a wide range of applications. In fact I never tried
to publicize Bio.PopGen in the population genetics community, but with
this addon, that will change.

The status is as follows:
1. Code done 90% done.
Check http://github.com/tiagoantao/biopython/tree/genepop
2. Test code around 30% coverage
3. Documentation 50%
Check http://biopython.org/wiki/PopGen_dev_Genepop for a tutorial
under development.

This will be ready for 1.52. And I would like to make the code
available after the Summer vacation.

And it is about 1.52 that this mail is about ;)

I remember Peter writing about 1.52 being ad-hoc scheduled for fall. I
have September blocked with work, but I managed to have October clear
mostly just for this. So my request is: if there is more or less a
Fall release please don't schedule it for the first week in the Fall
(which is still in September) ;) . Mid-October or somewhere around
that time would be good.

Thanks a lot,
Tiago

--
 "A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the
value of life" - Charles Darwin