[Biopython-dev] New Biopython release

Michiel de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Sun Sep 9 14:18:34 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

Let's make a new release (1.44) of Biopython. Biopython has received a
lot of improvements and bug fixes in recent months, and the current
(1.43) release hangs on some platforms during the Biopython tests (due
to a bug in my own Bio.Cluster module, ahem). I am planning to make a
new release during the next weekend (around 9/15). A number of bugs in
Bugzilla currently have a partial solution that has not yet made it into
CVS. I suggest to commit those partial solutions to CVS if possible so
that they can be included in the next release. On my machine, only
test_SeqIO fails its test. The error seems to be trivial, but we should
fix it before making the next release.

--Michiel.