[Biopython-dev] Jython and sqlite

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 14:29:47 UTC 2007

Hi!

On 8/30/07, Sebastian Bassi <sbassi at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is also a sqlite module for previous version of Python. So I
> guess you could check python version at the beginning of your code and
> then set the import properly. The code will just run with python

Thanks for the suggestion.
What I will do is the following:
1. Go to the BioSQL mailing list and ask what is their opinion (I
think not much will happen).
2. After the feedback I will try to figure a solution that is not
python 2.5 dependent (like yours), my main goals will be:
   a. No 2.5 dependence
   b. Should not be a big hassle to users (I would prefer not to
require installing a full blown database, that might scare off users
with less knowledge)
   c. Should be easy to develop and maintain
   d. Be sure that nobody in biopython-dev will have strong feelings against it

In any case, this is only relevant to HapMap stuff, which is probably
a couple of months down the road still, so there is plenty of time to
discuss...

--
http://www.tiago.org/ps