[Biopython-dev] Numeric dependencies, PDBParser.py

Jonathan Hilmer jkhilmer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 21:50:57 UTC 2007

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm new to the list and
haven't found anything searching through the archives.

I'm trying to use BioPython with 2.5 but I see that that PDBParser
requires Numeric.  Is there any way to update this dependency besides
running tools to automatically alter code
(numpy.oldnumeric.alter_code1)?

I tried going through and changing 'Numeric import Float0' to 'numpy
import float' (in several \PDB\ files) until I found another Numeric
import of 'matrixmultiply'.  Rather than continue on this path and
possibly break things (I'm a programming novice) I'm hoping someone
has an easier solution.

Thanks,

Jonathan