[Biopython-dev] Microbiology module

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 20:48:22 UTC 2006

I am working in functions for industrial microbiology. Like:
Growth rate equations, Continuous culture equations, batch culture,
yields for different source of energy (and for fermentation or
respiration), oxygen consume rate, constants, thermodynamic equations
used in bioreactors, cell cultures and so on.
Biopython is lacking such a module, but I am not sure if this is out
of scope. Is there a chance to include it in Biopython, or this is not
useful?
I think this could extend Biopython into a whole new area (bioprocess
and microbiology).
Please tell me what maintainers think about this. If this idea is
rejected, I will make ugly and uncommented code for my own consuming,
but if passed, I will write very nice and documented for people to see
:)
Best regards,
SB.

--