[Biopython-dev] Microbiology module

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at binf.ku.dk
Sun Nov 5 14:33:53 UTC 2006

On 11/4/06, Sebastian Bassi <sbassi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working in functions for industrial microbiology. Like:
> Growth rate equations, Continuous culture equations, batch culture,
> yields for different source of energy (and for fermentation or
> respiration), oxygen consume rate, constants, thermodynamic equations
> used in bioreactors, cell cultures and so on.

Sounds like a fun project, and a potentially valuable addition to Biopython.
I guess some of the topics you mention might be of relevance to systems
biology, right?

Best regards,

----
Thomas Hamelryck, Marie Curie EU-Research fellow
Bioinformatics center
Institute of Molecular Biology
University of Copenhagen
Universitetsparken 15 - Building 10