[Fwd: Re: [Biopython-dev] Bio.CAPS module submission]

Michael Hoffman hoffman at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 16:10:37 EST 2005

> I chose suite() because in the pyunit documentation they say its a good
> idea to include such a callable object (read method) named suite.

Hmmmm, that is the example name they use, but I don't see where they
say that it has to be called suite. In fact they use several other
names for suites:

        suite1 = module1.TheTestSuite()
        suite2 = module2.TheTestSuite()
        alltests = unittest.TestSuite((suite1, suite2))

My main problem with the name "suite" is that it is what is used in
the Python grammar and in other Python discussion fora
(comp.lang.python) to refer to any block of code.

http://docs.python.org/ref/compound.html#tok-suite
--
Michael Hoffman <hoffman at ebi.ac.uk>
European Bioinformatics Institute