[Fwd: Re: [Biopython-dev] Bio.CAPS module submission]

Michael Hoffman hoffman at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 14:53:52 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Iddo Friedberg wrote:

> Jonathan Taylor floated an idea to add unit testing in addition to regression
> testing. Seems useful, and the change to setup.py is minor. There should be
> no changes to the test_MODULE.py files, or the current behavior of
> run_tests.py
>
> Does anybody see any problem with this? I don't.

Sure, except I think "suite" as a name doesn't really explain very
much and I hate to get stuck with it.

I have used doctests before but just wrapped them in the existing
regression testing framework. See test_GFF. In general, Jonathan's
method is superior.
--
Michael Hoffman <hoffman at ebi.ac.uk>
European Bioinformatics Institute