[Biopython-dev] Re: Restriction analysis package.

f.sohm at whsmithnet.co.uk f.sohm at whsmithnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 05:35:37 EDT 2004

Hi Brad

Felicitation for your PhD and thank you for uploading the code into the CVS.

For the catalyse method, you are right and I should have made the change
earlier.

There is a simpler way to add a catalyze method though :

in the classes : Unknown, Blunt, Ov5 and Ov3
at the end of the definition of the catalyse method, you need to replace :
catalyse = classmethod(catalyse)
by
catalyze = catalyse = classmethod(catalyse)

This suppress the need for a new class and avoid to add a function call.
I have made the modif but how do you want me to send them ? a bug report
against Restriction and the module as an attachement ?

Bye

Fred