[Biopython-dev] Software demonstration at GIW 2003 in Japan

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Oct 18 03:49:23 EDT 2003

Dear Biopythoneers,

Thank you for your feedback on my proposed software demonstration at GIW
this year. I have put together a draft of the paper describing the
software; it can be downloaded from
http://bonsai.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mdehoon/biopython.pdf. Please let me
know if any changes should be made to it.

I agree with Iddo that is is better to include the original Biopython
developers Jeff, Brad and Andrew as co-authors of this paper. I feel
kind of uncomfortable writing a paper on Biopython and putting only my
name on it, as I am not one of the main developers. So for now, I have
added Jeff, Brad, Andrew, and Iddo as co-authors. To ensure that I don't
include anybody as co-author against their will, please let me know if
you agree to be a co-author. If I don't hear from you, I will assume
that you didn't get this email or that you prefer not to be a co-author,
and I will remove your name for the final version. To me, it doesn't
matter if you actually contributed to this paper or not, because without
you guys there would be no Biopython and no paper to write about it.

Thanks again, particularly for the pecop and fragnostic websites, I'll
use those at the software demo to show Biopython in action.

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Assistant Professor
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science