[Biopython-dev] The signal module on the Mac

Yair Benita Y.Benita at pharm.uu.nl
Wed Jul 31 05:44:45 EDT 2002

Hi all,
I am trying to put together a Macos X biopython for MacPython (not the
command line python). On the Mac there is no signal module and therefore
many modules fail (import error). The addition of the signal module is new
because I don't remember having those errors in 1.004. Anyway, I asked for
some help on the MacPython list and got that from jack Jansen:

How to fix this depends on how the signal module is used. If it's used
to detect "unexpected" errors you may be able to simply do away with it
(or add a lookalike module that does nothing). If it is used to detect
"expected" errors (like floating overflow or underflow) you may have
more of a problem.

What do you guys think: Remove it and ignore the signal module or try to
replace it with something else?
Yair
--
Yair Benita