ARGHHH [Biopython-dev] changes

Thomas Sicheritz-Ponten thomas at cbs.dtu.dk
Mon Jan 14 03:15:06 EST 2002

Jeffrey Chang <jchang at smi.stanford.edu> writes:

> What about you, Thomas?  What version are you using, and what do you
> think about nudging the the requirements up to 2.1?
>
> I'm currently using an alpha of 2.2 and really like the generators.
> I'm using them in some other code, but haven't required them in
> biopython, yet.

I personally always like to play around with the latest toys, but the
last halv year I became a little lazy. Mostly because any Python update
has to be done at the same time on all of my machines/accounts which runs PyPhy
(currently Denmark, Sweden, England, USA and Canada ... )

Right now I'm running 2.0, but I am willing to upgrade ..
I dont think we should require 2.1, either we stay at 2.0 or climb the
whole way to 2.2. That would require the least  inconvenience for users
(and administrators) (IMHO)

So what are the most cool features in 2.1 ans 2.2 ?

cheers
-thomas

--
Sicheritz-Ponten Thomas, Ph.D  CBS, Department of Biotechnology
thomas at biopython.org           The Technical University of Denmark

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...