[Biopython-dev] Ndb

Cayte katel at worldpath.net
Thu Feb 7 23:20:35 EST 2002

After checking further, I found that the codes were pdb hetero codes.  But I
still have the problem of representing mixed alphabets.  Seq seems to assume
equal sized elements.  If all the letters are mashed together you won't be
able to tell 3 letter codes from 1 letter codes.  I'd appreciate your ideas
on how to handle pdb mixins.

One possibility is a hetero class with the pdb code plus its location on the
sequence.

Also I'm not sure if the mixin is treated as a residue

a doc t
  I t the first or third residue?

                                                      Cayte