[Biopython-dev] Ndb

Cayte katel at worldpath.net
Thu Feb 7 19:06:11 EST 2002

Ndb has a lot of sequences with more than 2 strands.  Some of the sequences
have 3 letter codes embedded in the ACGT alphabet.  I wonder if these are
annotation.  One of these is YRR. After searching the internet I found that
YRR and YRY are sometimes used to annotate parallel or antiparallel.  There
were other codes like D1T but I couldn't find any explanation.  Should I
assume these are annotation? Does anyone know what they are?

                                                               Cayte