[Biopython-dev] The 'year' attribute of parsed Medline record return empty

Chunlei Wu reillywu at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 23:29:28 EDT 2001

Hi, all,
    Here is a sample code:
==========
cur_record=medline_dict[id]
print cur_record.year
=========

    The 'year' attribute always returns empty string,
while 'publication_date' attribute returns the correct
whole date string. When I looked into the __init__.py,
I found the 'year' attr. coresponding to 'YR'
qualifier. But 'YR' doesn't exist in most of Medline
format record. Although we can get year-value easily
from cur_record.publication_date[:4], I think it's
better give the proper value to the attr of 'year'.

Thanks

Chunlei Wu