[Biopython-dev] New BLAST web page

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Sun Mar 18 23:17:33 EST 2001

Hi Jeff;

> Thanks for these fixes.  I've applied the patches and am trying to search
> for sequences against the NCBI web site.  Unfortunately, I seem to be only
> getting a piece of the results back!  The output cuts off suddenly in the
> alignments section.

[...snip...]

> However, the web version seems to be doing the same thing, so it's very
> likely not your patches.  Are you seeing the same thing?

Hmmm, I'm not seeing this... The entire thing seems to come through
for me. I'm using the Doc/examples/www_blast.py script to do the
testing on this, if that is any help to you. NCBI was timing out
a few times for me today, so I guess things might be flakey over
there. I'll blame it on all of the web sysadmins being up too late
last night drinking green beer :-)

> I'm going to wait and see if this clears up over the next few days, before
> I commit the patch.

Let me know if it doesn't get any better for you. It is no problem to
wait on the patch -- I'd much rather be sure it is working right!
Thanks for looking at it.

Talk to you soon.
Brad