[Biopython-dev] New BLAST web page

Jeffrey Chang jchang at SMI.Stanford.EDU
Sun Mar 18 19:13:17 EST 2001

Hi Brad,

Thanks for these fixes.  I've applied the patches and am trying to search
for sequences against the NCBI web site.  Unfortunately, I seem to be only
getting a piece of the results back!  The output cuts off suddenly in the
alignments section.

----------------
[...]
<a name = 3334489></a><a
href="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=Protein&list_uids=03334489&dopt=GenPept">sp|P15398|RPA1_SCHPO</a>
DNA-DIRECTED RNA POLYMERASE I 190 KDA POLYPEPTIDE
          Length = 1689

 Score = 28.9 bits (63), Expect = 9.0
 Identities = 12/38 (31%), Positives

However, the web version seems to be doing the same thing, so it's very
likely not your patches.  Are you seeing the same thing?

I'm going to wait and see if this clears up over the next few days, before
I commit the patch.

Thanks,
Jeff