[Biopython-dev] ready for release?

Cayte katel at worldpath.net
Tue Dec 11 21:36:56 EST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffrey Chang" <jchang at smi.stanford.edu>
To: <biopython-dev at biopython.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 10:26 AM
Subject: [Biopython-dev] ready for release?

> Hello everybody,
>
> We've got a lot of new stuff, so I think it's time to roll a new
> release.  This will still be an alpha release, which means that new
> features are ok, as long as they're relatively bug-free.
>
> For core developers, please let me know if this is a good time to do
> it, when it might be possible (e.g. after this nasty core dump gets
> fixed today :), or any other issues that might be related to sending
> this code out into the world...
  I downloaded the latest version of NumPy and made a change to my code
which fixed a problem  Gavin pointed out.  However, my tests rely on the
repr of Matrix.  A change in the latest rev of NumPy causes the printout of
the matrices to be a little different.  I'll need to submit a new baseline.

  Also, something on Gavin's system is causing test_nbrf to fail.  I
downloaded the nbrf files from the CVS
browser and ran again and it passed on my Windows system.  On Gavin's system
it fails near the line feed.

                                                   Cayte