[Biopython-dev] MetaTool

Cayte katel at worldpath.net
Sun Aug 26 22:07:39 EDT 2001

   The MetaTool parser will need to represent matrixes.  Before writing my
own class, I found an extension called Numeric Python, that provides
powerful support for matix representation and manipulation.  The only
drawback I can see is that it requires bundling yet another tool with the
distribution.  But Metatool is new and having powerful matrix features will
allow users to experiment in unanticipated ways.

  Of course I'd need to investigate more to see how reliable the extension
is.

  Is this the way to go?

                                                                        Cyte