[Biopython-dev] Re: [BioPython] tests failing

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at cc.huji.ac.il
Wed Aug 1 12:55:10 EDT 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Brad Chapman wrote:

: Mark:
: > : The two AssertionErrors don't occur if I run the individual test script
: > : only if I run it from the graphical interface, and I guess it looks like
: > : the newline error you flag in the tutorial.
:
: Iddo:
: > Can anybody say why the AssertionErrors do not occur when the individual
: > scripts are run, but only when the graphical interface is used? This
: > sounds a bit weird...
:
: Sure, if you just run the test script:
:
: python test_SubsMat.py
:
: the test itself runs fine. But if you add on the comparison of the
: generated output to the old output, then that's where you'll get the
: error (an AssertionError in this case, since the regression testing
: framework just asserts that the lines are the same).
:

Oh, I thought that Mark meant:

python run_tests.py test_SubsMat.py

(As you show later, which compares with the old output).

That explains stuff.

Iddo

--

Iddo Friedberg                                  | Tel: +972-2-6758647
Dept. of Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology   | Fax: +972-2-6757308