[Biopython-dev] next release closer (?)

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Sat Nov 18 17:10:48 EST 2000

Cayte writes:
> With my upgrade to Python2, br_regrtest causes this output.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "br_regrtest.py", line 36, in ?
>     test_support = __import__("test/test_support")
> NameError: Case mismatch for module name test/test_support
> (filename c:\python20\lib\test_support.py)
>
>   Its puzzling because only lower case is used as far as I can see.  My
> environment is:
[windows]

I just noticed this problem, since I was messing around trying to
learn python on windows just this morning! I checked in a fix earlier
today, so if you 'cvs update' you should get it.

I just changed the offending line to:

from test import test_support

I'm not sure if there are reasons not to do it this way, but it seemed
to make sense to me. Hopefully Andrew will speak up if there is a good
reason not to have it this way.

Brad