[Biopython-dev] xbbtools + CVS

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Sat Dec 2 09:59:49 EST 2000

Hi Thomas;
Nice to hear from you!

[CVS]
> I tried:
> cvs -d pserver:thomas at cvs.biopython.org:/home/repository/biopython
> checkout biopython
> cvs -d ext:thomas at cvs.biopython.org:/home/repository/biopython
> checkout biopython

Hmmm, I think it should be:

cvs -d :ext:thomas at biopython.org:/home/repository/biopython co
biopython

(a colon before the ext + biopython.org not cvs.biopython.org)

At least, that is equivalent to what I use. When using ext, make sure
you have the environmental variable CVS_RSH set to 'ssh' (or something
different if your ssh executable is different).

> and receive only:
> Permission denied.
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)

Well, that's not a very useful error message from cvs :-).

> Suggestions ?

Let me know if this works (or at least gets a more helpful message
from CVS).

> (Is anybody working on modules for reading and writing different sequence
> formats ?)

Well, my project for the weekend is starting on a GenBank parser using
the new stuff from Martel. I've gotten started and hope (maybe) to
have something that people could test a little bit once the weekend
is finished. What kind of formats are you looking to parse?

Brad