[Bioperl-l] which Primer3 module should we use now?

Frank Schwach fs5 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 13:26:26 UTC 2020

Hi!

I have some old scripts that I wrote several years ago that use the module
Bio::Tools::Primer3Redux
to run primer3 and parse the results. But this hasn't been updated for
 >2 years now and fails the tests with the latest version of primer3
(2.4.0).

The Bio::Tools::Primer3 module in BioPerl1.7.7 still seems to be limited
to primer3 versions 1.x which is now very much outdated.

What is the recommendation at the moment for running current versions of
primer3 from BioPerl?

Thanks!
Frank

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research