[Bioperl-l] standardize shebang line in bioperl scripts

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Aug 29 12:12:50 UTC 2018

Yes, pretty inconsistent.  If this is for installation purposes and is bundled with a specific version of perl along with it’s installed dependencies, I would say switch to the perl used for installation.

Personally, I use '#!/usr/bin/env perl’ for most cases, though this is because I work primarily in a cluster environment where the version of perl may change depending on what is loaded into the path at any point.  However this is also primarily for development, not for a typical user.

chris