[Bioperl-l] [Bosc-announce] BOSC 2015 Call for Abstracts

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 12 03:57:06 UTC 2015

Call for Abstracts for the 16th Annual Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC 2015)
A Special Interest Group (SIG) of ISMB/ECCB 2015

Dates: 10-11 July, 2015
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Web site: http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2015
Email: bosc at open-bio.org<mailto:bosc at open-bio.org>

Important Dates:
March 24, 2015: Registration opens for ISMB and BOSC (https://www.iscb.org/ismb2015-registration)
April 3, 2015: Deadline for submitting BOSC abstracts
May 3, 2015: Notification of accepted talk abstracts emailed to authors
July 8-9, 2015: Codefest 2015, Dublin (http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Codefest_2015)
July 10-11, 2015: BOSC 2015, Dublin (http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2015)
July 10-14, 2014: ISMB/ECCB 2015, Dublin

The Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC) covers the wide range of open source bioinformatics software being developed, and encompasses the growing movement of Open Science, with its focus on transparency, reproducibility, and data provenance. We welcome submissions relating to all aspects of bioinformatics and open science software, including new computational methods, reusable software components, visualization, interoperability, and other approaches that help to advance research in the biomolecular sciences. We particularly wish to invite those who have not participated in previous BOSCs to join us this year!

Two full days of talks, posters, panel discussions, and informal discussion groups will enable BOSC attendees to interact with other developers and share ideas and code, as well as learning about some of the latest developments in the field of open source bioinformatics. BOSC is sponsored by the Open Bioinformatics Foundation, a non-profit, volunteer-run group dedicated to promoting the practice and philosophy of Open Source software development and Open Science within the biological research community.

We invite you to submit one-page abstracts for talks and posters. As mentioned, any topics relevant to open source bioinformatics and open science are welcome. Here are some potential session topics (but please don't feel limited to these!):
  Open Science and Reproducible Research
  Standards and Interoperability
  Data Science
  Visualization
  Translational Bioinformatics
  Bioinformatics Open Source Libraries and Projects

If your company or organization is interested in being a sponsor for BOSC 2015, please contact us! Sponsors in 2014 included Google, Eagle Genomics, GigaScience, and Curoverse--we thank them for their support.

BOSC 2014 Organizing Committee:
Nomi Harris and Peter Cock (co-chairs), Raoul Jean Pierre Bonnal, Brad Chapman, Robert Davey, Christopher Fields, Sarah Hird, Karsten Hokamp, Hilmar Lapp, and Monica Munoz-Torres.