[Bioperl-l] Conversion of Phred 33 -> Phred 64 quality

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 26 15:16:41 UTC 2015

This would be the so-called fastq-illumina’ or ‘fastq-solexa’ variants.  FASTQ does handle these but the output for modern Illumina pipelines is to generate Sanger-based FASTQ.

Bio::SeqIO::fastq can interconvert these but it’s painfully slow last time I checked (mainly in part to the underlying sequence quality classes).  They’re not really designed for tons of data and needs refactoring to deal with large sequence data sets.  Lately, frankly, I’ve been using non* methods for doing this, namely seqtk:

    https://github.com/lh3/seqtk

chris