[Bioperl-l] Problem with StandAloneBlastPlus

Darío Carballido dcarball at tandar.cnea.gov.ar
Mon Jul 21 15:57:42 UTC 2014

Hello,

I’m working with this script that uses StandAloneBlastPlus, and I would like
to take advantage of a new feature in the latest releases of blast+, which
allows me to present the query coverage in the output (among other values).
For that to work, the value of –outfmt needs to be quoted (for example,
-outfmt “7 std qcovs”), so I’m passing the outfmt parameter via

-method_args => [ '-outfmt' => '"7 std qcovs"' ]

(I’m using single quotes with doubles inside, so that the double quotes are
passed literally).

But when I run it, the quotes seem to get lost and I end up with the error I
get when I pass that value without the quotes:

Error: Too many positional arguments (1), the offending value: std

I have tried lots of combinations with single, double quotes, character
escaping and I couldn’t find the way to make it work.

Any help?

Thanks,

Darío Carballido